Modern laptops and PC often come equipped with Wi-Fi and it is a great tool for connecting to wireless networks without the hassle of Ethernet cables. However, it is limited to connection to Internet or file transfers to devices.
If you don’t have an Internet connection in the immediate vicinity, it is pretty much useless, to use to connect to people. FlashChat is an app that can create a private chat room for Wi-Fi connected users and lets them enjoy private chat.
But it is an Android application, so how does it work for PC? Read on to find out more about it.
FlashChat is a simple app with one goal – to create private chat sessions over Wi-Fi without any limitations. Users who are connected to the same Wi-Fi name within about 1 km range can participate in the chat sessions.
Since there are no provisions for accounts/passwords, users can take any name or alias they wish to chat with. Also users only connected to same named network can see each other. Others cannot unless they too are connect to the same one.
This means that messages are not broadcasted. Also, there is no hassle to add people to the chat room – all users connected to the same named wireless network are automatically connected. Thus it is perfect tool to create private chat sessions and does not require Internet connection and there is no fear of leaking contents to the public.
Also, you don’t have to manage contacts or your identity for that case, you can use whatever username you like for every chat that you do.
The User Interface:
Apart from functionality, a lot depends on the presentation as well. FlashChat features a modern, clean Google’s Material design based UI without unnecessary clutters or ads. You start the app with a username of your choice and then connect to a Wi-Fi network.
The right side bar displays all available users to chat to and the main pane lets you send messages. Conversations are stored in standard format as is common in smartphones.
FlashChat For PC:
The app FlashChat is right now available for Android. However, you cannot directly execute Android apps on your Windows PC. In order to run it, you will need an Android emulator.
Bluestacks is such an emulator which lets you run Android apps and also connect to Google’s PlayStore. Here are the simple steps involved in getting them up and running.
- During installation, it will download contents which are necessary and it may take a few minutes.
- Once it finishes, you will need to set your preferences such as default language.
- Next you will need to provide your Google ID and password to sync to Google’s services and enable PlayStore access.
- Once done, you will be at the home screen. On the top search bar, type “FlashChat” and search for it.
- It will take you straight to the PlayStore page from where you need to click on the “Install” button.
- Once installation finishes, you need to go back to home screen and you will find the app’s icon.
- Click on it to launch it!